Submission Instructions for Final Papers Due July 9
1. Prepare the final version of the manuscript using the paper templates linked below.
REMEMBER: the final version of a full paper CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES and the final version of a WIP CANNOT EXCEED 4 pages. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
2. Register Online
Online registration will open soon! At least one author MUST register at the full (i.e. $605+) rate by July 9, 2014 for your paper to be included in the proceedings. Student fees do not ensure publication of a paper - no exceptions. If you need to register by bank transfer, please contact Kevin Curry, FIE 2014 Registration Administrator.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE PROCEEDINGS WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
3. An electronic version of the final manuscript must be generated for the conference proceedings.
Before generating the final electronic version of the manuscript, authors should ensure that the manuscript is formatted as specified in the paper template. The final paper should not contain headers, footers or page numbers. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF express web tool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
1. Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to: http://www.pdf-express.org and using Conference ID: 21181x
2. upload the source file (containing your paper) for conversion
3. receive by e-mail the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper. Once you’ve received your PDF file, upload it to EDAS
4. Send the electronic version of the final manuscript, complete the presenter's biography form, and submit the copyright form through EDAS by July 9, 2014.
1. Once you receive your Xplore compatible PDF, log in at http://edas.info
2. Upload you paper, check author names and affiliations, and update abstract.
- Click the My Papers tab. Click the upload icon (third column from the right) and a dialog box will open that will enable you to select and upload your paper via the web or via FTP.
- Make sure ALL authors that appear on your final paper, are assigned as authors on the paper in the EDAS database. Make sure that all names and affiliations match what is on your paper EXACTLY.
- Update the Abstract field in EDAS with the initial abstract portion of your final paper (click the Edit icon in the Abstract row in your full paper view to change this). Make sure that these match EXACTLY.
3. Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form.
The IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the 'My Papers' tab and then click on the copyright icon under the copyright column. Authors who are not authorized to sign a copyright transfer form, should download the paper version of a copyright transfer form, fill it in, and ask an authorized person to sign it. Then, send the completed form to the FIE 2014 Publications Administrator by fax: +1 (352) 872 5545.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SUBMITTED COPYRIGHT FORM.
4. Prepare the presenter's biography form.
Please declare who will be presenting the paper at the conference on EDAS. To do this, click the 'My Papers' tab, click on your paper title, and then click the Change/Add icon in the Presenter row. Indicate who will present the paper and click Choose presenter. Presenters must fill out a short bio (50 word max) on EDAS by going to the ‘My Profile’ tab and filling in the information in the ‘Brief bio’ field. Information in this form will be used by the session chairperson to introduce the presenter.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE FOR WEB AND INTERNET POSTING
If authors would like to post their papers electronically on any web site, any ftp site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material.
Contact the FIE 2014 Publications Administrator:
Conference Catalysts, LLC